Divergent Star Shailene Woodley Live streams gathering riot police as they begin arrests of Native Americans and Celebs as Activists shutdown polluting oil pumps; HBO/Josh Fox’s producer arrested while being a journo. GoHarrison Phone Guest: Cody Hall, Media Spokesman, Red Warrior Camp.
“Divergent” Actress Shailene Woodley Arrested/Riot Police
- Largest Amer. Indian Gathering in 100 Years to Protest Chinese-Sales Oil Pipeline — The Dakota Access pipeline company attacked Native Americans with dogs and pepper spray from the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and nearly 100 more tribes from across the U.S. and Canada. Guest: Gray Wolf, Chapter Dir. American Indian Movement (AIM) SOCAL. Founder, IDLE NO MORE Los Angeles and curator of the Chumash Indian museum in thousand [...]
- Police Identify Korean Gunman from Botched Robbery — Police identified the gunman who was critically wounded during a hostage standoff at an Orange County bank as 55-year-old Myung Jae Kim, according to KNBC-TV Channel 4. Kim appears to have targeted the bank’s manager, Michelle Kwon, taking her as a hostage instead of trying to commit robbery, police said. Kim reportedly entered Buena Park’s [...]
- Gulf Oil Spill Revisited One Year Later — Brian Handwerk for National Geographic News Published April 19, 2011 On the first anniversary of the Gulf oil spill, scientists caution that it could take years to understand the full scope of the disaster. (See photos of the Gulf oil spill in National Geographic magazine.) But many are encouraged because the damage could have been far worse—and nature is already [...]
- Suicide Watch on Capitol Hill — Washington (CNN) — U.S. Capitol Police and the FBI on Friday arrested a Moroccan man who was planning a suicide attack on the Capitol, police and a federal law-enforcement official said. The man received what he thought was a vest with explosives, but the materials in the vest had been rendered inoperable by law enforcement, [...]
- “There is no American Dream Anymore….” — Written by Frances Lee, The Smart Show staff writer “There is no middle class anymore,” shrugged Jenny, 26-year-old assistant manager of a clothing boutique. “And if it keeps going this way, I’m moving to Canada.” Jenny is a democrat that supports a few republican policies and works full time however she feels like the country [...]